Applications for accreditation for the 49th Deauville American Film Festival, to be held from September 1 to 10, 2023, must be made online.
If the application is not accepted, the applicant will be invited to log on to the website to purchase a Festival Pass or a Day Pass.
Festival offices and Accreditation desk :
Center International de Deauville — 1 avenue Lucien Barrière
Opening hours :
- Friday, September 1 from 2pm until the launch of the Star Screening in the early evening
- Saturday, September 2 to Saturday, September 9 from 8:30 a.m. until the launch of the Star Screening in the early evening
Submission & regulations
Please submit your film by sending a link, together with the completed 2023 entry form. Deadline for submissions is set to July 21, 2023. There is no registration fee. All non-English or French language films must be subtitled in English or in French. When a film is selected for the Festival it must be delivered in its original version, with French subtitles. Subtitling is at the applicant’s charge. All the selected films will be presented in DCP.
To be eligible for the 49th Deauville American Film Festival (September 1 to 10, 2023), films must fulfil the following conditions:
- be a feature film or a documentary feature film of at least 75 minutes.
- be produced by an American (U.S. only) company (majority or minority production) or a company based in the United States.
- have its French premiere in Deauville and have not been shown in a major European film festival. Exceptions can be made upon decision by the Festival Director.
The Festival does not select short films.
Annoucement for selected films
The official announcement for the selection will be made in August 2023. Those who are selected to participate will be notified by e‑mail prior to the announcement.